Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Checkers

The thing I love most about photography is that ANYTHING can become interesting through the lens of a camera. On a trip to Phoenix, my friends and I made a pit stop in Buckeye, AZ to eat at the Cracker Barrel. CB is nowhere to be found in California, so when I see that gold and brown sign looming over a highway, I can't resist the urge to pull over. Their chicken and dumplings call to me, not to mention their biscuits and gravy.

Wow. Food distracts me SO quickly. Back to photography. My pals and I were sitting outside the Cracker Barrel, trying out the lineup of fabulous rocking chairs when we sighted the oversized checkers. Who knew that a crappy set of checkers could be striking?



But then, we go and ruin the artsy moment by taking pictures like this one of me:


A cracker. On a barrel. At Cracker Barrel.

Keepin' it real....

JK

No comments:

Post a Comment